Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!


Last night we started the new year off right...with a 'W'. It wasn't pretty, but it counts all the same. It's been suggested to me that it's inappropriate for a team employee to make negative comments about the league's officials, so I won't comment on the officiating. I'll focus on the positives. We came out strong, we played physical hockey all night long, we managed to put goals on the board, Rycs looked great (again), and we managed to string together 60 minutes of good solid hockey. This is more like it. We're not ordering the rings just yet...it was only one game, after all. But we are feeling a little better about ourselves than we have been recently. Let's hope that this is a harbinger of good things to come and the way we're going to play down the stretch.


I'll make this a short one, since I'm back at the rink right now, packing and getting ready for today's trip to Pensacola. I may have mentioned that I love the day trips. They're so much easier to pack/prep for. There's less stuff to drag along with us, so less to worry about forgetting. And I get most of my work done early, so I can relax and just enjoy the trip. Maybe we'll watch Mystery, Alaska on the bus today.


I'm also looking forward to a special guest on the road trip today...Jagger Stahl. Craig's young son is coming along on the trip today to see what Daddy's job is all about. He had his first autograph session last night, and wasn't shy about slapping his John Hancock on anything placed in front of him. The kid's a natural ham...I wonder where he gets that from. Hmmmmm. Anyway, it's kind of cool that Stahlsy gets to share this with Jagger during the last season of his career. We're all looking forward to it. The Jag Man is a crackup!


Anyway, that's all for today. Happy New Year, to whomever might actually be reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment